Convenient comprehensive kits for the humane tattoo identification of neonate or adult mice and rats. Each kit is provided with a comprehensive training guide and instruction DVD as well as all the tools you need to safely and efficiently tattoo your rodents. The AIMS tattooing techniques are performed on un-anesthetized animals and produce permanent ID’s that are easy to read. AIMS tattoo pigments and supplies have been used in the industry for over 25 years and have been demonstrated to be SAFE and NON-TOXIC. Tattoo identification is very cost effective.
- Tattoos are permanent for the life of the animal.
- Tattoos are easier and faster to read than other methods of identification.
- Animals can be tattooed very rapidly, up to 200 mice per hour.
- Tattoos can be used to identify day old mice or rats.
- Animal stress is minimal and the physiology status of animals is not altered.
- No need for anesthesia for rats or mice.
- The incidence of animal bites is reduced.
- Tattoos are routinely used to identify nude, athymic and transgenic animals.
- Tails can be saved in formalin with tissues as a positive source of identification.
- Tattooed tails do not fall off like ear tags.